There are some easy ways how one can obvercome from depression. Now depression has becomes a major issue. Every year more than 7 million people commit suicide from depression. Before going to the details here we are adding some points on which we will discuss later.

When you are depressed

  • Take a different view
  • Always tell something good
  • Thinks something good
  • Make plans
  • Find something to look forward


1. Take a different view

With depression often comes a psychological myopia: the victim robotically repeats negative soul-sucking thoughts: "Nothing I try works" "How could I have been so stupid?"

In those moments, I hint, “You're so caught up in seeing things one way that you miss every other possible view. Literally not that my office is that fascinating, but there are so many things you miss when you refuse to look. Then the patient shyly raises his eyes to take in the entire room "Oh, I never noticed that funny poster!". While I emphasize the point: "There are a plethora of ways to see anything. Instead of continually convincing yourself that everything is useless, consider all other options. There is always another Plan called B."

Visualize a happy memory

When a patient continually reviews a painful memory (for example, a romantic rejection or a failed venture), it can lead to near-emotional catatonia. I said," Great, go there. Let's relive that wonderful experience. "Immediate dose of positivity!"



2. Tell Me Something Good

A depressed person has earned a Ph.D. in The Art and Science of Self-Hate. I get responses like, "I'm boring." "I am a coward." "I'm ugly." "I'm not smart." For the speaker, these feelings are absolute truths.As long as these annihilating beliefs rule your image of yourself, nothing good can break through. When I ask, "Tell me good qualities about yourself," initially silence greets me. Then I hear a pause, "I'm nice" or "I care." If the patient gets stuck, I help him: "You are a loving mother." "You are a survivor." "You are a breeder" "You are super considerate." "You are trustworthy" As we build a list, I ask the patient to write down the wonderful attributes and keep repeating them when the "toxic wheel of self-hatred talk" begins. I suggest asking friends and family to email a list of the positive qualities they value in my patient. For additional inoculation against constant negativity, I suggest that the patient write positive qualities on post-its and spread them around the house: stick "I have beautiful eyes" on the bathroom vanity, put "I am trustworthy" on the refrigerator, and so on.

 


3. Make plans


When a person is depressed, the only place they want to be is in bed, preferably under the covers with the curtains drawn. Picking up the phone to hear a friendly voice, let alone having plans outside of the bare minimum (work, school, grocery store) feels too difficult. The internet has made it dangerously seductive to keep it to yourself. Studies show that limiting social media to about 30 minutes a day decreases depression. " For months I asked * Gina near the end of our Saturday afternoon session: "What will you do after you leave here?" Gina, who lived alone invariably muttered, "I'm going home to do the laundry." I started ordering him to have something specific planned after the session. She began joining gatherings .“Wow, ballroom dancing is fun.



4. Find something to look forward to


This is a technique that she uses regularly as a vaccine against the blues. When I'm depressed, I look for something to put on the calendar that makes me happy and excited. In fact, this 2007 study showed that people get an emotional boost when they contemplate a fun event in the future, rather than looking back at a fabulous activity from the past. Book a trip, buy concert tickets, plan a party, whatever makes your cheeks flush and makes your stomach flush. My biggest mood swings come when I start a project that can potentially create good in the world and lead to satisfying connections. For example, I volunteered as a mentor to underserved young women who want to write, searched for publishing contracts to write a book, taught workshops, submitted a video to do a TedX talk (no response on that yet!). The point is: stop continually telling yourself that nothing good will happen again - you've been there, you've seen that, you've done that.


There is no reason to suffer in silence, or to guess if what you feel qualifies as depression or not. In the meantime, here is a guide to the signs and symptoms and a quick screening questionnaire. You can also download one of these mental health apps to learn more.


If you are experiencing a mental health crisis or if a loved one is in danger, we strongly recommend that you contact a qualified mental health professional.